Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Mind Readers

The first in a series of 4 books, The Mind Readers just might blow your mind~

Click the preview button to check out the book!

Summary (via Goodreads): Cameron Winters is a freak. Fortunately, no one but her family knows the truth... that Cameron can read minds. For years Cameron has hidden behind a facade of normalcy, warned that there are those who would do her harm. When gorgeous and mysterious Lewis Douglas arrives he destroys everything Cameron has ever believed and tempts her with possibilities of freedom. Determined to embrace her hidden talents, Cameron heads to a secret haven with Lewis; a place where she meets others like her, Mind Readers.

But as Cameron soon finds out some things are too good to be true. When the Mind Readers realize the extent of Cameron’s abilities, they want to use her powers for their own needs. Cameron suddenly finds herself involved in a war in which her idea of what is right and wrong is greatly tested. In the end she’ll be forced to make a choice that will not only threaten her relationship with Lewis, but her very life.

I think the same thing every day!
Review (3/5 stars):  I downloaded this book for free without realizing that it's a YA novel. Within a few pages though I expected as much.

YA is not a genre that I usually read, that being said, I did enjoy this book. Yes, the lead character is immature, but she's 17 and she's been pretty sheltered her whole life, so of course she's immature. What I did like is how the author gave her the thoughts and reactions of a 17 year old girl. She wants to fit in, she's a follower, she's moody, etc. We've all been there, and we all acted like that.

I did find some of the conversations between Cam and Lewis a bit repetitive but there was enough action to keep me interested so I was able to gloss over that aspect. With some editing I could totally see this book as a movie. It has everything it needs to be successful, including a good cliff hanger at the end that will make you want to go back for another installment.
 


And now for some mind reading of my own....


Was I right?!?!Are you awed by my amazing mind reading skills? I can also tell that you will be the next person to leave a comment below!  How amazing is that???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!