Monday, August 1, 2016

Bookworm Bookmarks

Time for another fun, and very easy, DIY Bookmark craft project!

DIY Bookmarks

Supplies:


-Pretty papers
-glue
-googly eyes
-scissors (or a paper cutting machine)
-black marker (not shown)

Steps:
1) To get started just cut out some 1.5" circles.  I used 5 and then added 5 more on the back for a clean finish.


I used heavy weight scrapbook paper because I had it on hand, but you could try anything.  Old envelopes or gift cards, old book pages, paper bags, etc.

2) Dab some glue onto the edge of one circle and simply stick it to one of the other circles.  Keep dabbing and adding until you have a cute bookworm shape.


I repeated this process and added a second layer on the back so that it's pretty on both sides.

3) Just add some googly eyes and a smile and you're done!  Googly eyes are goofy enough on their own, but I like to use 2 different sizes just to make it extra goofy.


This is a fun crafting project to do with kids that will also encourage them to read.


I don't have any kids books, but I would highly recommend "You Are Here: Around the World in 92 Minutes " by my favourite Canadian Astronaut Chris Hadfield for any kid or kid at heart.  It's an amazing collection of photos that he took of Earth when he was living on-board the International Space Station.  If you followed Hadfield on Twitter while he was circling the earth you saw some of them, but having them all together in a collection is wonderful.  And he's presented them all in very creative ways that make you see our planet in a whole new light.

Do you have any little bookworms at home that love to read?  Leave a comment below~

This project was inspired by this image I found on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!