Monday, July 25, 2016

DIY Book Page Coasters

 I love paper crafting.  I love it even more when something I make is actually useful....like these easy to make Book Page Coasters!

DIY Coasters


Supplies:


-old book (I picked up this French book just for cutting up at a second hand book sale)
-Mod Podge
-pencil
-coasters or heavy cardboard
-ink pad (optional)
-scissors or cutting knife and mat

Steps:
1) These unused coasters were left on my table at after a meeting so I slipped them into my stash knowing that eventually they'd come in handy.  If you're not a thief like me, you can just cut a shape out of heavy cardboard/bristol board.  Then just trace the shape onto a book page.


2) My book is in French so I went for the shabby chic look and inked the edges.  This step is totally optional.


3) Now comes the fun part... Mod Podge!  Slather a layer of Mod Podge onto the coaster and stick on your book page.  Make sure to seal it all in with another layer of Mod Podge on top.  Let that dry. And then if you happen to have some Sparkle Mod Podge handy, I dare you to try to resist the urge to add a final layer with sparkle.....you can't do it! It's just so pretty~

That's it!  There you have it, you're own personalized coasters. These are great for those hot summer nights on the deck, with a little hot drink and cool book.


And if they happen to go missing, you can just make some new ones!  You could get really creative and use comic book pages or outline certain words or phrases on the pages you use to make them stand out.  Have fun with it!

What do you drink while you read?  Something hot?  Something bubbly?  Not at all?  Leave a comment below~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!